Today we are sharing 11 housing market predictions for the 2022 real estate housing market according to Forbes.com. We will chat a little about each prediction and share our options on them.
Show notes! We value your time….here is the order we will be chatting about things in, feel free to skip ahead if there is a certain topic you are here for. 🙂
HOUSING MARKET PREDICTIONS FOR 2022:
1. Less urgency to buy residential real estate.
2. The workforce will face home buying challanges.
3. The Market Will Appreciate Significantly.
4. There Will Be Fewer Showings And Offers.
5. Demand For Multifamily Homes Will Increase.
6. Housing Prices Will Become Unaffordable.
7. The Market Will Either Cool Or Have New Investors.
8. The Market Is Shifting Into A More Balanced State.
9. The Use Of Technology Will Drive Value Of Assets.
10. Sublease Space Will Continue To Increase.
11. Rental Market Will Keep Growing.
Real estate tip of the week:
I feel like this needs to be said about all of the talk about the future of the housing market: There are so many opinions online right now that feel very strongly both ways – that prices are going to drop and that prices will keep rising & at the end of the day none of us can time the market perfectly or know what is going to actually happen – I think that in this world of having constant access to news articles and other peoples opinions 24/7 it can be easy to get really overloaded with information that is causing them to “wait for the market crash because prices seem to high” – and forget that maybe you just NEED a home. And you may regret missed opportunity later on- buy low and sell high is an investor game, not the game of a family looking for a home to live in. Buying a house is a very personal decision with a zillion factors involved. My advice before we get into the predictions of the real estate market is to just make sure your house payment matches what the houses nearby your home would or are renting for. Thats good advice and good insurance in my opinion. If the payment isn’t stretching you, if you still have money in the bank, then just go buy the house and stop over thinking things.
Thanks for watching! See you next week!
~ Spencer and Mariah
Watch “Short Clips from Real Estate With Mariah and Spenc” below:
Email us your questions for our next Q&A: email@example.com OR visit www.vettruscrawfordrealty.com
***Licensed in Oregon with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices REP
More videos below –