Artificial intelligence that has become so smart, it’s developed a mind of its own
It sounds like something out of Space Odyssey, i-Robot or Westworld.
Artificial intelligence that has become so smart, it’s developed a mind of its own.
The claim’s been made by a worker at Google about one of its own products – a chatbot – and he was abruptly put on leave for saying it.
The employee says Google’s ‘Lamda’ technology is ‘sentient’ .. with a mind similar to that of an eight-year-old child.
Graeme Muller, the CEO of the NZ Tech Alliance spoke to Newshub Late. ➡️ SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/NewshubYouTube
You’re joining us on the official YouTube channel for Discovery NZ’s Newshub. Here you will find livestreams and news videos from our award-winning team of journalists working across our bulletins and shows – The Project NZ, AM, Newshub Nation, and The Hui.
* Sign up for the Newshub Now newsletter: http://bit.ly/NewshubNow
* Follow Newshub on Facebook: http://bit.ly/NewshubFacebook
* Follow Newshub on Twitter: http://bit.ly/NewshubTwitter
* Follow Newshub on Instagram: http://bit.ly/NewshubInstagram
* Follow Newshub on TikTok: http://bit.ly/NewshubTikTok
For all footage licensing enquiries please visit: https://www.discoverycorporate.co.nz/home/contact-us/commercial-footage-request.html