We’re back with another new technology that we believe will transform healthcare. Artificial intelligence… Here’s what you need to know in a nutshell!
Artificial intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computers. AI requires a foundation of specialized hardware and software for writing and training machine learning algorithms. We will talk about machine learning in future episodes, so stay tuned!
In general, AI systems work by ingesting large amounts of labeled training data, analyzing the data for correlations and patterns, and using these patterns to make predictions about future states.
AI programming focuses on three cognitive skills: learning, reasoning and self-correction.
Learning processes focus on acquiring data and creating rules for how to turn the data into actionable information. The rules, which are called algorithms, provide computing devices with step-by-step instructions for how to complete a specific task.
While reasoning processes focus on choosing the right algorithm to reach a desired outcome, self-correction processes are designed to continually fine-tune algorithms and ensure they provide the most accurate results possible.
Couple of advantages of AI are
– Being good at detail-oriented jobs,
– Reducing time for data-heavy tasks,
– Delivering consistent results.
AI has changed our world and made our lives more convenient and interesting. Some of the many uses of AI you may know include:
– Self-driving cars. Machine learning and visual recognition are used in autonomous vehicles to help the car understand its surroundings and be able to react accordingly. These cars can learn and adapt to traffic patterns, signs, and more.
– Voice recognition. Most people know to call out for Siri when they need directions, or to ask their smart home Alexa to set a timer.
– Streaming services learn about your preferences and use algorithms to process all the TV shows, movies, or music it has and find patterns to give you suggestions.
Don’t forget to like and subscribe to see more entertaining medical educational videos!
See more lectures, articles, and more on the Stay Current app: https://www.globalcastmd.com/stay-current-app-download