My name is Jim Turner and I am an attorney in Orlando, Florida. I help people who are having problems with debt or debt lawsuits. ¶ Not being able to pay your debts is a horrible place to be. To add to the stress caused by the financial problems, consumers are often mercilessly harassed by debt collectors.
One powerful solution to these problems is bankruptcy. Here are some of the advantages of filing for bankruptcy:
1. Filing for bankruptcy will trigger the automatic stay, preventing creditors from taking action to collect their debts, prevent creditors from repossessing property such as cars, including calling you, suing you, or sending you letters.
2. Any pending lawsuits that you may have filed against you immediately STOP!
3. You eliminate and cancel your obligation to repay your dischargeable debts.
4. By using the bankruptcy exemptions, many debtors can go through the bankruptcy process without losing any of their property.
5. While a bankruptcy filing will remain on your record for 7-10 years, because many debts can be discharged in bankruptcy, many debtors begin improving their credit rating after filing for bankruptcy.
If you are struggling an impossible struggle of paying your debts and would like to discuss your options, please contact me.