SS Leaders 5-31-20
ONE Sunday Service, Two Locations
– 10:30 – Worship Center
– 65+ Only Section in SW pews (use West doors)
– 10:30 – Bridge – Simulcast on screen
– Coffee & donuts (both places)
– 10:30 – Facebook Live
– 10:30 on the Radio 105.5 (last week’s sermon)
– No childcare
– East & West Doors only
– Keep 6 feet of distance from other households
SUNDAY SCHOOL TIME
– Pick a time & location that doesn’t conflict with the Sunday service (evening, house)
– Let me know what you decide
– NEW STUDY MATERIAL – in your Classroom / Church Office / Digital Copies on LifeWay
Wednesday Night Bible Study 6:00pm
– Facebook Live
Explore the Bible – May 31 – Romans 15:14-21, 30-33
Last Week: Believers should accept and encourage other believers to facilitate unity.
This Week: Believers should make every effort to share the gospel with everyone.
ROMANS 15:14-16 – FULFILL YOUR CALLING
?? What characteristics does Paul attribute to the believers in Rome ??
– Goodness – God’s character, Holy Spirit
– Knowledge – of the Gospel and God’s purposes
– Competence to teach others – ability to sharpen one another
?? Do the believers in our church possess the same characteristics ??
– Certainly. More than we realize sometimes
– We have the Holy Spirit and God’s guidance – just listen
– We know the gospel and the basics of Scripture
– We CAN teach others if we have a relationship with God
?? How is Paul’s calling similar to our own ??
– “Minister” – someone who serves others
– Spur one another on – encourage, help
– We proclaim the gospel by how we live – sanctified, living sacrifice
ROMANS 15:17-19 – BOAST ABOUT JESUS
?? What does it mean that Paul “glories in Christ” ??
– That is what’s most important to Paul
– The main thing he talks about is Christ
– Everything he’s proud of is what God has done through him
?? Does boasting in Christ come naturally to believers ??
– Not to most. It takes effort and practice
– We have to be intentional to speak about spiritual things
– We have to be humble to give God credit for the good things in our lives
– We also need to be letting God work through us
ROMANS 15:20-21 – SEEK THE LOST
?? What is Paul’s ambition ??
– To share the gospel with those who haven’t heard it
– To expand the kingdom of God
– To be an evangelist
?? Are there still those who haven’t heard about Jesus ??
– All around us
– New generations
– Distant unreached people groups (7,410 / 17,242 total)
– 3.2 billion people (42% of the world)
?? How can we help reach those people ??
– Partner with mission organizations (IMB, NAMB)
– Go on mission trips
– Pray for God to open people’s hearts
ROMANS 15:30-33 – PARTNER WITH OTHERS
?? How could the Roman believers join with Paul ??
– By praying for his specific needs
– By refreshing him when he came to them
?? What was Paul doing next ??
– Headed to Jerusalem to take a collection from the churches
– He planned to come to Rome next
– Instead, he was arrested & imprisoned for years before finally appealing to Caesar and being moved to Rome in chains
?? Should we do ministry alone ??
– Like Paul, we need to lean on each other
– Prayer support
– Personal support
– Emotional & spiritual support – encouragement
Believers should make every effort to share the gospel with everyone.